This week it is volunteers week and an opportunity for us to say thankyou to our volunteers. Without our volunteers we wouldn’t be able to reduce the social isolation felt by older people in West Norfolk. This year has been a bit different…
- Our volunteers have embraced telephone befriending.
- Our admin volunteers have typed letters at home.
- We’ve had fun and learnt new things in our zoom volunteer meetings.
- New volunteers have joined us!
- We now have volunteers who live in Wales and Suffolk.
- It is now easier for people with jobs to volunteer with us. We partnered with Power Networks, have a volunteer who works at RAF Marham plus other volunteers making their phone calls in their lunch breaks.
- We needed more male befrienders and thanks to social media we found them!
- Our board of Trustees have also embraced zoom meetings and we found a new Treasurer via twitter.
If you’d like to find out more about volunteering with us, please get in touch.